Our mission: to inspire, equip and mobilize a diverse corps of volunteers to strengthen our community. We do this by creating and managing flexible volunteer opportunities for individuals and companies, connecting them with service projects that have meaningful impact.
Hands On Charlotte is a charter member of the HandsOn Network, an enterprise of Points of Light. The Network includes more than 200 affiliate volunteer action centers in the United States and around the world.
Our vision: Hands On Charlotte envisions a community in which everyone has discovered their power to make a difference and found opportunities to improve the community’s civic health.
Our core values: We believe that:
• People drive change
• Volunteer service is at the heart of citizenship
• Community needs are best met by a diverse corps
• Collaboration and partnerships are essential to success
• Innovation drives results
Our five Es: We work with partner agencies that address a wide variety of community needs, with primary emphasis on the following focus areas:
• Education and student performance
• Economic prosperity
• Enrichment of our social and cultural fabric
• Environmental sustainability
• Emergency preparedness and recovery
Our offices: We are located at 1616 Central Avenue, Suite 200, Charlotte, NC 28205. We're upstairs in the Wells Fargo bank building at the corner of Central and The Plaza. We have our own entrance on the Central Avenue side facing the Plaza Midwood Library.