Service Juris Day
Bringing Charlotte law firms together for a day of service!
Service Juris Day — an annual Hands On Charlotte event — brings together members of the legal community in a one-day, hands-on volunteering experience. Teams and individuals from Charlotte’s law firms and other legal service providers join together to accomplish a large-scale project in one day.
Do I have to make a donation to volunteer?
There is a suggested donation of $20 per volunteer. We also have several levels of sponsorship that will cover a certain number of volunteers. Sponsorships are fully deductible and cover the costs of the event, all supplies and equipment and support Hands On Charlotte’s thousands of volunteers in their work year-round in our community.
Service Juris Day Sponsorship Opportunities
- Platinum Sponsor ($5,000) – top line on all event promotions, speaking role at kickoff, unlimited volunteers.
- Gold Sponsor ($1,500) – unlimited volunteers, logo on all collateral material including t-shirts, website, etc.
- Silver Sponsor ($1,000) – unlimited volunteers, logo on event t-shirt.
- Bronze Sponsor ($750) – up to 35 volunteers (extras are $20 per person), logo on event t-shirt
- Team Sponsor ($500) – up to 25 volunteers (extras are $20 per person)
- Contributor – cost is $20 per volunteer.
All volunteers receive an event t-shirt, light breakfast, water, and snack.
For more information, please contact Bob Young, Director of Volunteer Strategy and Innovation, at BobY@handsoncharlotte.org.
PLEASE NOTE: You DO NOT have to be a registered Hands On Charlotte volunteer or go to an orientation session to participate in Service Juris Day. (We do hope that you'll join us as an HOC volunteer afterwards!)
2016 SERVICE JURIS DAY STEERING COMMITTEE
- Lex M. Erwin - Co-Chair, Erwin, Bishop, Capitano & Moss, P.A.
- Mark R. Kutny - Co-Chair, Hamilton Stephens Steele & Martin, PLLC
- Matthew Robertson, Cadwalader, Wickersham & Taft LLP
- Jason B. James, Bell, Davis & Pitt, P.A.
- Christy Hancock, Bradley Arant Boult Cummings LLP
- Luke P. Sbarra, Hedrick Gardner Kincheloe & Garofalo, LLP
- Ron Charlot, K&L Gates LLP
- Brian A. Kahn, McGuireWoods, LLP
- Brian A. Soja, Moore & Van Allen PLLC
- Jack Slosson, Nelson Mullins Riley & Scarborough LLP
- Sarah DiFranco, Poyner Spruill LLP
- Lisa M. Hoffman, Shumaker, Loop & Kendrick, LLP
- Alysja Carllisle, Womble Carlyle Sandridge & Rice, LLP
Alston & Bird LLP
Chicago Title Insurance Company
Nelson Mullins Riley & Scarborough LLP
Ruff, Bond, Cobb, Wade & Bethune, LLP
Littler Mendelson P.C.
The Miller-Hogue Law Firm, P.C.