Need Volunteers? This is the place to start!
Partner with Hands On Charlotte
Hands On Charlotte works in partnership with hundreds of community-based nonprofit agencies to provide volunteers with a variety of meaningful opportunities for service and leadership. Our model relies on strong relationships with our volunteers, volunteer leaders and partner agencies.
We are holding two information meetings in August to share different ways Hands On Charlotte can help your organization.
Click here to sign up: Partner Meeting
The meetings will take place Tuesday, August 22 from 1 pm to 3 pm and Wednesday, August 30 from 9 am to 11 am.
For our calendar projects we focus on opportunities with an educational, environmental, or economic opportunity (serving low-income neighbors) impact in the greater Charlotte area. We make exceptions for senior citizens and people with disabilities. We only post projects on the volunteer calendar after we recruit a trained volunteer leader.
Most calendar projects take place weeknights or weekends, for 5 to 15 volunteers for each project date at one specific site. Family friendly projects (for volunteers ages 6 to 17 with a parent) also recruit a lot of volunteers.
Non-profit partners can post their own opportunities on the Opportunity search page (includes the home page link). This includes skills-based and/or on-going opportunities that require a committment and special events.
Non-profit agencies must provide a copy of their 501(c)(3) letter to be eligible.
Here are the steps for posting on the opportunity calendar:
1. If you have a volunteer opportunity please email Doug Macomb to see if it's a good fit.
2. Visit our Current Partners page to see if your organization is already registered.
2. For calendar projects, HOC will recruit and train a volunteer leader, this can take 1 to 6 months.
3. For calnder projects, you will meet with Hands On Charlotte and the volunteer leader.
4. Project is posted on the opportunity calendar and volunteers sign up to help.
We look forward to working with you!
If you have any questions, please contact Doug Macomb email@example.com.