Age Minimum (with Adult): 10+, Minimum Age:18+, Orientation Required, Background Check
Pet Visits - Waxhaw (10+)
This project takes place in Union County
Activities: Volunteers bring their dogs to visit with the residents of the facility. HOC does not provide the pets.
Visiting with animals can help people feel less lonely and makes it easier for two strangers to talk. Visiting with volunteers and their pets brightens the day for the residents of this facility. Many residents at this facility once had pets of their own miss them so much. They were a part of their lives just as yours are. These visits have helped make their lives so much more fulfilled.
- this facility follows the strict HIPPA privacy laws, VOLUNTEERS CAN NOT TAKE PHOTOS OF RESIDENTS OR POST THEM ON-LINE (twitter, Facebook, snapchat, instagram, etc.)
- The dogs don't need any special training or certification. They must be friendly, get along with other dogs and prepared to receive a lot of attention and praise. We visits residents as a group, your dog will be around other dogs for the entire project.
- For some suggestions to see if your pet would be a good fit for this project, please visit www.tdi-dog.org (therapy dog international website); look at the page for TDI Testing Requirements.
-Please no choke collars, residents can get their hands caught and their skin is very weak.
Retractable leashes are also not recommended.
Families: please make sure you read the updated Family Policies before signing up.
• Where do I get my background check? (Get Involved tab)
- How do I sign up my children to volunteer with me? Remember to use the "or sign up as a Family" link and NOT the blue Sign up Button
About the Organization This project takes place at a 100 bed nursing home located in Union County, North Carolina.
If you have questions, please email Doug at firstname.lastname@example.org
Click SIGN UP below to reserve your spot! Need help signing up? Call (704) 371-7140.
Login or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must login to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: