Age Minimum (with Adult): 10+, Minimum Age:18+, Orientation Required, Background Check
Pet Visits - Cotswold (10+)
Activities: Volunteers bring their dogs to visit with the residents of the facility.
Visiting with animals can help people feel less lonely and makes it easier for two strangers to talk. Visiting with volunteers and their pets brightens the day for the residents of this facility.
**New: in an effort to provide more visits for the residents, we kindly ask that you only attend this project 1 or 2 times and then visit on your own. This specific project will be used for training purposes. White Oak Manor welcomes visitors with or without their dogs throughout the month.
- this facility follows the strict HIPPA privacy laws, VOLUNTEERS CAN NOT TAKE PHOTOS OF RESIDENTS OR POST THEM ON-LINE (twitter, Facebook, snapchat, instagram, etc.)
- This project is specifically for dogs. The pets don't need any special training or certification. They should be friendly, get along with other dogs and prepared to receive a lot of attention and praise.
- For some suggestions to see if your pet would be a good fit for this project, please visit www.tdi-dog.org (therapy dog international website); look at the page for TDI Testing Requirements.
-Please no choke collars, residents can get their hands caught and their skin is very weak. Retractable leashes are also not recommended.
If you are with a group please visit the GROUP page for information on how to sign up for group projects.
NOTES: This project does not require the HOC orientation. All volunteers should read our Volunteer Guidelines before signing up. If you are signed up and can't attend, please remove yourself from the project.
About the Organization This project takes place at a 180 bed nursing home in the Cotswold Neighborhood.
Login or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must login to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: