Age Minimum (with Adult): 18+, Minimum Age:18+
New Volunteer Orientation
Learn more about our organization and the many ways to get involved. Although we do not require a weekly commitment we ask all volunteers to participate at least once a month. Completing the orientation process allows volunteers to pick and choose from dozens of direct service projects each month led by a trained volunteer leader. Projects take place weeknights and weekends.
Before you sign up:
First check out the monthly calendar to make sure you can attend a project in the next month. Second, read the Volunteer Guidelines.
1. Families/Volunteering with your children:
We recommend that all families participate in United Way's MLK Call to Service on Saturday, January 19, 2019 before signing up for orientation. This event is free, open to all ages and does not require orientation.
If you would like to volunteer with your children (ages 6 to 17) include the name and ages of your children when you sign up below. We only have room for adults to attend these sessions, children should not attend. Only one parent per family is required to attend the orientation. The parent that plans to sign up and attend most of the projects should attend. Please bring the completed Youth Waiver form with you to this session. Family teams and youth accounts are created after you attend the orientation. Please read the Family guidelines before signing up.
2. There is a one-time engagement fee allows volunteers to sign up for projects posted on the website and they receive a HOC t-shirt. The fee is $20 per adult and $10 per youth member. We recommend paying before the session through using the link below. You can also bring cash or check to the orientation session. Please follow these directions carefully to pay on-line:
1. Choose Hands On Charlotte under the "Select a Campaign" list.
2. Choose "Orientation Fee" on the right side of the page instead of Recurring payment or donation.
3. Select the appropriate number of adults and children.
Here is the link: https://uwcentralcarolinas.org/give-campaign/
WE DO NOT ACCEPT COURT-ORDERED VOLUNTEERS.
Thanks, we look forward to meeting you and working together to improve our community!
Login or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must login to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: