Age Minimum (with Adult): 14+, Minimum Age:18+, Orientation Required, Background Check
HomeWork Hounds @ Sugar Creek Library(14+)
If you can arrive by 6:30 pm, please sign up. Lots more children at this location could use our help.
Volunteer Activities: Join us at Sugar Creek Library for a rewarding evening of tutoring with some great kids! Volunteers will pair up with students (primarily Elementary) and help them with various homework assignments. These are very informal tutoring sessions and there are other tutors & library staff available to assist you with when needed.
Homework assignments vary from student to student, here are some examples:
- Spelling Words
- Reading Comprehension
- Multiplication tables
- For some of the occasional older students work can be geometry, science worksheets, or book reports
Here are some other free resources if it's been a while since you've been in school:
- Khan Academy (free video tutorials) https://www.khanacademy.org/
- Internet 4 Classrooms http://www.internet4classrooms.com/
- Reading Rockets http://www.readingrockets.org/article/113/
• How to I become a volunteer?
- How do I sign up my children to volunteer with me? Remember to use the "or sign up as a Family" link and NOT the blue Sign up Button
Families: please make sure you read the updated Family Policies before signing up.
All adult volunteers must first complete the orientation process before they can attend any monthly calendar project.
About the library building: The Sugar Creek Library is located inside the Sugar Creek Service Center on N. Tryon Street, just south of the Sugar Creek Road intersection. The 9,300 sq. ft. branch building, a venture between the city of Charlotte and Mecklenburg County, houses the library and CMPD's David 3 District Police Office. Located near some of Charlotte Mecklenburg's oldest and most ethnically and culturally diverse neighborhoods, the facility serves as a civic core for Sugar Creek and surrounding communities.
Click "SIGN UP" below to reserve your spot! Need help signing up? Call (704) 371-7140.
Login or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must login to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: