Age Minimum (with Adult): 10+, Minimum Age:18+, Orientation Required, Background Check
Pet Visits - Steele Creek (10+)
Activities: Volunteers bring their dogs to visit with the residents of the facility. HOC does not provide the pets.
Visiting with animals can help people feel less lonely and makes it easier for two strangers to talk. Visiting with volunteers and their pets brightens the day for the residents of this facility. Many residents at this facility once had pets of their own miss them so much. They were a part of their lives just as yours are. These visits have helped make their lives so much more fulfilled.
Notes: - You must bring an updated print out (paper copy) of your dog's vaccination records for The Crossings to keep on file in order to participate, sorry but an email on your smart phone will NOT work.
- this facility follows the strict HIPPA privacy laws, VOLUNTEERS CAN NOT TAKE PHOTOS OF RESIDENTS OR POST THEM ON-LINE (twitter, Facebook, snapchat, instagram, etc.)
- The pets don't need any special training or certification. They should be friendly, get along with other dogs and prepared to receive a lot of attention and praise. This project is specifically for dogs.
- For some suggestions to see if your pet would be a good fit for this project, please visit www.tdi-dog.org (therapy dog international website); look at the page for TDI Testing Requirements.
-Please no choke collars, residents can get their hands caught and their skin is very weak.
Retractable leashes are also not recommended.
• How to I become a volunteer?
- How do I sign up my children to volunteer with me? Remember to use the "or sign up as a Family" link and NOT the blue Sign up Button
All adult volunteers must first complete the orientation process before they can attend any monthly calendar project.If you are with a group please visit the GROUP page for information on how to sign up for group projects.
About the Organization This project takes place at a new assisted living facility in the Steele Creek Area (southwest Charlotte).
Click SIGN UP below to reserve your spot! Need help signing up? Call (704) 371-7140.
Login or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must login to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: