Age Minimum (with Adult): 14+, Minimum Age:18+, Orientation Required, Background Check
HomeWork Hounds @ Beatties Ford Rd Library(14+)
Volunteer Activities: Join us at Beatties Ford Library for a rewarding hour or so tutoring with some great kids! Volunteers will pair up with students (primarily Elementary) and help them with various homework assignments. These are very informal tutoring sessions and there are other tutors & library staff available to assist you with when needed.
Spanish speaking volunteers are very helpful for this project. The room location for tutoring varies, please ask at the front desk.
Homework assignments vary from student to student, here are some examples:
- Spelling Words
- Reading Comprehension
- Multiplication tables
- For some of the occasional older students work can be geometry, science worksheets, or book reports
Here are some other free resources if it's been a while since you've been in school:
- Khan Academy (free video tutorials) https://www.khanacademy.org/
- Internet 4 Classrooms http://www.internet4classrooms.com/
- Reading Rockets http://www.readingrockets.org/article/113/
- How do I sign up my children to volunteer with me? Remember to use the "or sign up as a Family" link and NOT the blue Sign up Button
Families: please make sure you read the updated Family Policies before signing up.
All adult volunteers must first complete the orientation process before they can attend any monthly calendar project.Click "SIGN UP" below to reserve your spot! Need help signing up? Call (704) 371-7140.
Login or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must login to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: