Age Minimum (with Adult):6+, Minimum Age:11+
Pet Visits at Plantation Estates(6+)
Notes: - You must bring an updated print out (paper copy) of your pet's vaccination records for Plantation Estates to keep on file in order to participate, sorry but an email on your smart phone will NOT work.
- this facility follows the strict HIPPA privacy laws, VOLUNTEERS CAN NOT TAKE PHOTOS OF RESIDENTS OR POST THEM ON-LINE (twitter, Facebook, snapchat, instagram, etc.)
- The pets don't need any special training or certification. They should be friendly, get along with other dogs and prepared to receive a lot of attention and praise.
- For some suggestions to see if your pet would be a good fit for this project, please visit www.tdi-dog.org (therapy dog international website); look at the page for TDI Testing Requirements.
-Please no choke collars, residents can get their hands caught and their skin is very weak.
Retractable leashes are also not recommended.
• Where do I get my background check? (How to become a volunteer)
- How do I sign up my children to volunteer with me? Remember to use the "or sign up with team" link and NOT the green Sign up Button
About the Organization: Plantation Estates is a large gated community with a 50-acre campus in Matthews. This retirement community offers 359 independent living apartments in a variety of sizes. Plantation Estates has been one the most sought after retirement communities in Charlotte since opening in 1988. There are also continuing care accommodations of 60 assisted living suites and 80 skilled care beds for residents, should they ever need a higher level of care. Our Pet Visit program takes place in their skilled care nursing home setting called WillowBrooke Court.
Click SIGN UP below to reserve your spot! Need help signing up? Call (704) 333-7471.
Login or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must login to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond the following questions in order to signup on this opportunity: