Age Minimum (with Adult): 14+, Minimum Age:18+, Orientation Required, Background Check
Study Buddies PAL (14+)
Activities & Notes: Volunteers will pair up with students and help them with various homework assignments. These are very informal tutoring session. Most of the students requesting help are in 1st through 8th grade.
For some of the occasional older students work can be geometry, science worksheets, or book reports.
Homework assignments vary from student to student, here are some examples:
- Spelling Words
- Reading Comprehension
- Multiplication tables
- For some of the occasional older students work can be geometry, science worksheets, or book reports
Here are some other free resources if it's been a while since you've been in school:
- Khan Academy (free video tutorials) https://www.khanacademy.org/
- Internet 4 Classrooms http://www.internet4classrooms.com/
- Reading Rockets http://www.readingrockets.org/article/113/
• Where do I get my background check? (Get Involved tab)
- How do I sign up my children to volunteer with me? Remember to use the "or sign up as a Family" link and NOT the blue Sign up Button
- Families: please make sure you read the updated Family Policies before signing up.
All adult volunteers must first complete the orientation process before they can attend any monthly calendar project.About the Organization: The goal of the Police Activities League (formerly known as the Police Athletic League) is to provide educational, programmatic, and structured support to youth housed within underserved communities, while aiding them in improving their decision-making skills and preparing them for a successful future, thus enhancing the quality of their lives and allowing them to make positive contributions to society.
Click "SIGN UP" below to reserve your spot! Need help signing up? Call (704) 371-7140.
Login or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must login to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: