Age Minimum (with Adult): 18+, Minimum Age:18+, Orientation Required, Background Check
Harvest Prep Team (18+)
Activities: Volunteers will help kitchen staff in prepping (washing, peeling, de-stemming, etc.) the donated garden harvest. No prior kitchen skills necessary, you will be instructed with all you need to know.
Requirements: All volunteers must have the ability to work unsupervised. You will be given clear instructions but need to be able to perform the tasks without direct supervision. Volunteers will be working with knives and sharp objects.
Kitchen Safety Regulations for Volunteers:
- No cell phone usage in kitchen.
- Closed Toed Shoes that are not slippery
- Hair Nets (provided) or Hats to cover all hair
- NO jewelry except plain band or ring. This includes no earrings, no piercings, no watches or bracelets, no necklaces, and no rings with stones.
- No Tank Tops or camisole tops.
- Pants are required in the food prep area in the back of the kitchen.
- Beards and Mustaches must be covered with a facial mask.
- No beverage or food consumption in the food preparation area.
- Do not come to volunteer if you have any sign of diarrhea, vomiting, jaundice, sore throat with fever, and infected cuts.
- Do not volunteer if you or anyone in your household have Norovirus, Salmonella, Shigella infection, E. coli infection, and Hepatitis A
All adult volunteers must first complete the orientation process before they can attend any monthly calendar project.
About the Organization: On average, Friendship Trays delivers more than 600 meals a day to elderly, handicapped, and recovering individuals who are unable to or restricted in their abilities to prepare or provide their own meals.
Click "Sign Up" below to register for this volunteer opportunity! Need help signing up, have questions? Call (704) 371-7140.
Login or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must login to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: