Age Minimum (with Adult): 14+, Minimum Age:18+, Orientation Required, Background Check
Study Buddies - West Blvd Library (14+)
Activities & Notes: Volunteers will pair up with students and help them with various homework assignments. These are very informal tutoring session. Students requesting help are in kindergarten through 8th grade.For some of the occasional older students work can be geometry, science worksheets, or book reports.
If you can arrive by 6 pm, you can still help. Not all students arrive at 5:30 pm.
Here is our Tutoring Tips Sheet and a short video on the ABC's of Active Reading.
Here are some other free resources if it's been a while since you've been in school:
- Khan Academy (free video tutorials) https://www.khanacademy.org/
- Internet 4 Classrooms http://www.internet4classrooms.com/
- Reading Rockets http://www.readingrockets.org/article/113/
• Where do I get my background check? (Click here for the Get Involved tab)
- How do I sign up my children to volunteer with me? Remember to use the "or sign up as a Family" link and NOT the blue Sign up Button
All adult volunteers must first complete the orientation process before they can attend any monthly calendar project.
About the Organization: this is a youth mentoring program. Its mission is to provide tutoring, learning support and homework assistance, to the youth of Charlotte, in order to increase academic success.
Click "SIGN UP" below to reserve your spot! Need help signing up? Call (704) 371-7140.
Login or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must login to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: