Age Minimum (with Adult):18+, Minimum Age:18+
New Volunteer Orientation
These sessions take place in the United Way Building in Uptown Charlotte. Free parking is provided.
Learn more about our organization and the many ways to get involved.
These interactive sessions require volunteers to speak to each other as well as the group. We encourage questions and dialogue.
Before you sign up:
First check out the monthly calendar to make sure you can attend a project in the next month. Second, read the Volunteer Guidelines.
If you would like to volunteer with your children (ages 6 to 17) please follow the steps listed on the Family page. Also, include the name and ages of your children when you sign up below. We only have room for adults to attend these sessions, children should not attend. Please bring the completed Youth Waiver form with you to this session.
NOTES: 1. We have limited seating. If you have signed up and are unable to attend please remove yourself or contact HOC ASAP so someone on the waiting list can fill your seat.
2. The $20 engagement fee allows volunteers to sign up for projects posted on the website and they receive a HOC t-shirt. Additional T-shirts are available for $10 each. We recommend paying before the session through the pay pal link below:
3. We run background checks after volunteers complete the orientation.
4. If you previously volunteered with Hands On Charlotte, you may not be required to attend orientation again. Please check with firstname.lastname@example.org
5. WE DO NOT ACCEPT COURT-ORDERED VOLUNTEERS.
We require at least 10 people to register to hold an effective session. We will contact you if we have to reschedule.
Thanks, we look forward to meeting you and working together to improve our community!
Login or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must login to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: